STEM Counsellor in Training (CIT): Job Description
The role of Counsellor in Training (CIT) is a volunteer position with STEM Camp. This is a great opportunity for high school students looking to earn volunteer hours. Counsellors in Training report directly to the Camp Coordinator.
Please check back in January to apply for our summer postings! We hope to see you soon!
Why Work at STEM Camp
"I loved working at STEM Camp for my second year!!! I am definitely applying next summer in hopes of being the camp leader. I had an amazing summer!"
~ Counsellor, Summer 2022
The responsibilities of a Counsellor in Training include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with inquiry and discussion surrounding the camp activities
- Assisting campers in learning about STEM Camp projects
- Creating a fun, enjoyable, and safe atmosphere for campers
- Modelling appropriate behaviour and positive interactions
- Engaging with each camper as they work through activities
- Ensuring that all campers under your care are treated equally, consistently, and fairly
- Demonstrating emotional maturity, a positive attitude, and good decision-making
- Being self-confident and able to accept and adopt constructive feedback
- Accept guidance and instructions from the Camp Coordinator
- Commit to a minimum of (1) full week of volunteer work during the camp season
- Experience working with children is considered an asset
- Currently attending high school
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts
- Have good communication skills