Do you have a passion for customer service? Do you like solving problems with a friendly attitude? Then we want you to join STEM Camp as an Office Assistant. An Office Assistant staff member has strong communication skills and enjoys staying organized. This is a temporary 4-month contract position. This will be an in-office position located at our head office in Embro, Ontario. The hours of work will vary between morning and afternoon shift times including weekends.
Why join STEM Camp?
- Flexible shift start times
- Fun work environment and culture
- Career pathing – get experience in the STEM fields
- Future leadership opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
As an Office Assistant, your duties and responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Supporting customers with all inquiries and providing exceptional service
- Answer phone calls and emails from customers; working with Zendesk software
- Demonstrating professionalism, a positive attitude, thoughtfulness and stability in decision-making;
- Being self-confident and able to accept and adopt constructive feedback;
- Providing appropriate feedback to, and communication with parents or guardians whenever needed, and immediately when emergency contact with parents/guardians is required;
- Abiding by STEM Camp policies and procedures
- Carrying out other reasonable duty requests from any member of the Management Team;
- Supporting and addressing camp staff concerns
- Other duties as assigned
Note: Candidates applying for any position with STEM Camp must have proof of First Aid Certification as well as a recent (within the last two years) Police Check in the Vulnerable Sector, unless these services are currently unavailable due to COVID-19. Proof of full vaccination against Covid-19, including any booster shots per the direction of public health is required upon hire.
- Post-secondary education in administration or related field
- 2 years of customer service and administration experience
- Applicants who are Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents will be prioritized
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system
- Strong understanding of computer applications
- Knowledge and understanding of STEM related topics
- Positive attitude and thorough understanding of company policies and procedures
- Customer service-oriented Teamwork and Collaboration, Adaptability and Initiative
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to anticipate problems and opportunities, and develop effective solutions
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Must be able to commute to workplace location(s)
- Standard First Aid/ CPR Certificate
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
What to Expect
STEM Camp head office is located near the Woodstock area with nine (10+) full time staff members. Although our camps run on a seasonal basis in July and August, we are looking for the Office Assistant to start in May 2022.
COVID-19 Considerations: To keep our employees and customers safe we provide PPE, extensive health & safety protocols to keep our team and clients safe. All employees are taking COVID-19 masking and sanitizing protocols seriously and abiding by public health guidelines.
$17.00 per hour