STEM Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer for the Health and Safety Coordinator Job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
A successful candidate must be a Canadian citizen; currently enrolled in grade 11 or 12 or attending a post-secondary school or a graduate of a post secondary school. Applicants currently enrolled in, or a graduate of, a Faculty of Education program are encouraged to apply. Some experience with online gaming, coding and robotics is an asset such as Minecraft and Scratch. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, teaching skills, time management and organizational skills, interpersonal skills, advanced computer skills (including videoconferencing), and English proficiency are an asset. Camp Counsellors should be punctual, patient, friendly, reliable, creative, energetic and work well independently as well as in a group.
As a STEM Camp Health and Safety Coordinator, your duties and responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Keep children safe at camp by strictly adhering to local, provincial and federal health guidelines and protocols
- Follow STEM Camp’s Return To Camp Guidelines document and implement procedure at your camp location
- Ensuring proper signage is posted regarding COVID-19 policies and procedures as well as general workplace safety signage
- Ensuring screening protocols are enforced at your camp location by both campers and staff
- Responsible for ensuring floor markings are used appropriately and are evident
- Monitor regular hand-washing and sanitization for both campers at staff members at your location
- Ensure high-touch surfaces are cleaned according to a strict schedule
- Responsible for implementing social distancing guidelines and ensure they are respected
- Communicating with Head Office and local site personnel regarding any health and safety issues or concerns
- Training staff members at your location to abide by outlined protocols
- Communicating with parents regarding STEM Camp’s health and safety practices as well as preventative measure in place at your location
- Strictly following public health guidelines and keeping up to date with changes that impact your location
- Implementing STEM Camp’s regular health and safety policies
- Be able to take over the position of Camp Counsellor when needed
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested
Note: Candidates applying for any position with STEM Camp must have proof of First Aid Certification as well as a recent (within the last two years) Police Check in the Vulnerable Sector, unless these services are currently unavailable due to COVID-19.