Dear STEM Camp Families,
I am writing to you today to let you know of our decision to pivot our ‘in person’ summer camp to our new Virtual STEM Camp for the summer of 2020.
The health and safety of our campers has always been at the forefront of our decision-making processes. This year, more than ever, safety has been our primary concern. Last Tuesday we received the final piece of information we required in making our decision when our provincial government cancelled school until September – a sign they do not feel children will be safe in large groups. We completely agree, and so, there will not be an ‘in person’ STEM Camp this summer in any location across Canada, although there will be plenty of virtual options available to you. In the event that provincial governments actually allow summer camps to take place under new and specific guidelines, STEM CAMP will still be a virtual option this summer in the interest of safety.
What is the current state of summer camps and, in particular, our not for profit STEM Camp?
The summer camp industry is in turmoil. As schools closed so did summer camp registrations. When registrations came to a screeching halt, so did cash flow. Summer camps everywhere need the help of their communities to survive.
STEM Camp is fortunate to have amazing people that have been working almost around the clock to provide you with a Virtual STEM Camp experience that is fun and engaging for your children. Through the assistance of government programs we have managed to retain ALL of our in house talent that makes STEM Camp so wonderful. We are all prepared to go the extra mile and do whatever we can to give your son or daughter a great virtual experience.
But we can’t do it without you.
As a not for profit we operate right on the line and so, to give us the best chance to come back next year and for years to come, we need you to pick one of the following options. Options 1&2 give us the best chance of survival. Please show your support for STEM Camp.
Option 1 – convert your 2020 enrolment fee to a donation to the STEM Camp mission
Option 2 – convert your 2020 enrolment fee to virtual sessions in July and August for the equivalent amount or a maximum of 8 weeks
Option 3 – carry over your 2020 enrolment fee to summer of 2021
This link will take you to the page where you can enter your decision. Our staff will be responding to every family that fills out this form (3000 families), starting May 26, to help with your conversion to one of these options. Please note we do not have reserves to handle refunds. We are invested now to give your family a great STEM Camp experience this summer. I would be grateful if you would invest in us.
Thank you so very much for your understanding and for helping to keep STEM Camp alive for next summer!
Kevin Cougler, Founder