STEM Camp has been and will continue to be committed to your children’s safety and well being while under our care. In light of recent developments concerning the spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, we are already taking the following steps and precautions for this upcoming summer:
- Training our staff and campers on proper hand washing procedures and techniques.
- Taking scheduled breaks to wash your children’s hands more regularly.
- Making sure all sites have hand sanitizer readily available.
- Using EPA Approved products to disinfect all surfaces, games, equipment and materials before and after use.
- Training our staff to look for signs of camper sickness.
- Stricter send home and camper acceptance policies regarding campers who display flu-like symptoms (i.e. fever, coughing, etc.).
- Better communication with parents, providing location-specific updates as needed.
- Keeping up to date with Provincial and Federal guidelines and health and wellness resources.
We understand that this can be an uneasy time for many parents of children, however we believe that with your help and cooperation, we can mitigate the risk of widespread viruses such as this one. We will implement these proactive measures thereby enabling the best chance for a continued safe and inspiring STEM Camp experience.
We are preparing for a summer where parents will need to provide care for their children as getting back to work will be very important for almost every family.
Should you have any questions or concerns about our health and safety plan, please do not hesitate to reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-475-6600.
This will be another fun and healthy summer of STEM learning with all your amazing children. We are looking forward to it!
Kevin Cougler, CEO and Founder